WHAT AN ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING DOES?
The Environmental Engineer, is a professional able to identify, analyze, and solve environmental issues generated by the technology development and population activities.
- Federal, Estate, and Municipal governmental institutions, centralize or no-centralize public associations.
- Overall industrial sector, and other areas such as mining-metallurgic, energy and civil projects.
- Research and teaching.
- Independent professional able to provide training, performs environmental impact studies, studies risk and conducts environmental audits, develops technological innovation proposals for tackling environmental issues.
- No governmental organizations to promote Clean Environment Culture.
- Interest on scientific / technology knowledge, on basic science and nature, and its applications on solving problems.
- Managing, communication, and creativity skills and initiative.
- Interests on outdoor activities.
- Enthusiastic, team work, and multitask.
The Environmental Engineering graduate will be able to:
- Gather and analyze data to identify and define environmental problems.
- Plan, design, and create solutions to prevent, diminish, and control of environmental problems identified.
- Execute, exploit and maintain work areas, installations or environmental services.
- Assess environmental control systems of basic and detailed engineering.
- Supervise plans, programs and projects of prevention and control.
- Interact with professionals of other areas to integrate, and be the leader of diverse multidisciplinary working groups.
- Coordinate impact studies.
EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE DESCRIPCTION
Execute professional activities associated to Environmental Engineering or other related areas.
Analise data, process and systems of Environmental Engineering, using calculus and analytical methods to elaborate and administrate projects.
Contribute to the application and accomplishment of Health, Security and Environmental Rules and Laws on inherent activities to its professional practice.
Promotes and execute cooperative practices in order to issue coherent and ethical judgement about environmental matters on a responsible and social commitment manner.
Obtain training and update on subjects related to its profession, through continuous education and/or graduate studies.
Apply its scientific and technical knowledge to identify, analyze, evaluate, and find solutions to environmental problems, and to prevent and control environmental impact generated by productive activities and services.
Gather and analyze data to identify issues, also propose and manage projects to give solutions based on environmental engineering concepts.
Develop experimental methodologies, analyses, data interpretation, and issue judgment to stablish conclusions related to prevention and control water, soil and air pollution.
Communicate clearly to specialize and no specialize public to share conclusions and improvement proposals.
Discuss, propose, evaluate and improve engineering designs, applying knowledge and sustainability principles to decide about the environmental feasibility of projects.
Increase and update its knowledge on the environmental engineering field, developing the ability to locate, integrate, apply and evaluate data to prevent, mitigate or compensate environmental problems.
Plan and manage environmental engineering projects with criteria of sustainability, resources handling and environmental care.
Develop abilities of collaborative work, and community activities oriented to planification, organization, direction and implementation of short, medium and long-term environmental policies.
Evaluate and rank risks and impacts on work places, natural surroundings by the probability of accident occurrences.